Marijuana becoming legal in some states was a blessing that stoners could rejoice on. It not only meant you no longer needed to be so discreet, but it also meant it was safer for more people to try it out.
If you are a newbie to the weed world, there is a lot for you to catch up on. Not to mention to invest in. If you don’t want to buy a rig or papers and the rest of the paraphernalia, we have the perfect solution. The one hit wonder of a one hitter.
What Is A One-Hitter?
The one hitter is a single tube with a bowl for single use inhalation. You hit it, get high and move on. They can be made from glass or metal and usually hold around 25 milligrams of cannabis.
It’s perfect for someone who wants to take a hit on the go. This article will show you exactly how to smoke a one hitter but before that, let’s get into the different styles of pipe you can come across.
Traditional Styles Of One Hitter Pipes
- Kiseru – This is a japanese pipe made out of bamboo and metal. With the middle of the pipe being bamboo and the mouthpiece & bowl made out of metal. It originated in the 17th century and is even found in Buddhist textbooks.
- Midwakh – It hails from the middle east, mainly The United Arab Emirates. Traditionally used to smoke tobacco with some herbs. It can be made from wood, metal, glass and even bone.
- Sebsi – A Sebsi is a morrocan pipe which is made out of wood. It has a narrow clay bowl which is used to smoke weed, pollen and kief. Some are known to be at least 18 inches long, Wow.
- Chillum– In the 18th century, Hinu monks in India were using this clay pipe to smoke. The pipes are straight, conical and have a channel connected from end to end.
How to Use A One-Hitter
- Use the Right Consistency
Finding the right consistency is the difference between inhaling ash and just beautiful ganja smoke.
If you grind it too finely, it’s going to disintegrate instantly when you light it up. If the nuggets are too large, you won’t even be able to fit it into the pipe.
- Pack Your One Hitter Vertically
This sounds pretty easy to do and is perfect for you lazy stoners out there. Turn your pipe upside down so the bowl is facing downwards.
Dip it into your crushed weed and twist it. Repeat this motion two or three times till your pipe is packed precisely. Do not pack it too tight or you won’t be able to inhale any smoke.
- Light It the Right Way
Sometimes the hitter gets too hot to handle. Light the pipe only for a couple of seconds and keep the flame at a safe distance from the pipe. Another trick is to position the pipe down towards the ground to avoid it from heating up too fast.
- Keep Your One Hitter Clean
You’re advised to clean your one hitter every week or two – no one likes inhaling that nasty gunk. The process is similar to cleaning your bong or nectar collector. Here we go!
- Rinse your hitter with warm water.
- Put it into a plastic baggie or container.
- Pour in enough rubbing alcohol to engulf the hitter.
- Add a tablespoon of salt.
- Close the baggie and shake it like a polaroid picture.
- Discard the salty concoction from the bag and rinse the one hitter thoroughly with hot water.
- Let the hitter air dry. If you’re in a hurry, use a blow dryer.
If your pipe needs a bit more TLC, check out how to clean a one hitter or glass chillum.
Benefits Of Using A One Hitter
Under the Radar
The one hitter is discreet because of it’s slender design. You can roam around anywhere, pull it out, take a hit and carry on with your day. Some one hitters resemble a cigarette, which gives it an incognito profile.
Since the one hitter is compact, most of the smoke makes its way into your lungs and not into the air around you. There is still the iconic aroma of weed but it wouldn’t grab the same attention as smoking a bong out in the open.
Saves the Supply
The one hitter is designed for a smaller hit, without compromising the high in any way. There is no room for wastage of weed since everything is burnt up, as compared to smoking a joint or bong. For a stoner on a tight budget, this is perfect for you.
The portability and discreteness of this pipe makes it ideal for the travelling stoner. It even should appeal to those stoners that want high, but do not want the effort of rolling a joint or emptying a bong. Regardless of what kind of stoner you are, the one-hitter is definitely a must try.